Xiaomis Mi Mix is almost all screen
Xiaomisnewest phone, the Mi Mix, is crazy futuristic.
Xiaomihas a new concept phone -- but its not actually a concept, because its real.And its crazy.
Designedby French designer Philippe Starck and announced at Xiaomis Beijing eventtoday, the 6.4-inch device features a striking bezel-less display. Where other phones usually keep a top andbottom area available for the front camera and home button, the Mix does awaywith both, leaving only a small space in the bottom right corner for the frontcamera.
Snapdragon 821 processor
4,400mAh battery featuring Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
16-megapixel rear camera
1. abdoualgeria (Posts: 421; Member since: 27 Jul 2015)
6. shahrooz (Posts: 760; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
troll killer *_*
12. Master_Oogway (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Oct 2016)
Just speechless.... I didnt expected its real..
74. neela_akaash (Posts: 1206; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Awesomeness has a whole new definition....
26. donrox (Posts: 152; Member since: 18 Jul 2014)
Its a concept. It says Concept phone on the first picture!
48. Master_Oogway (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Oct 2016)
This concept is available for sale from 4th of November...
41. asirfaysal (Posts: 31; Member since: 19 Jul 2016)
Eventually Xiaomi will take Samsung and Apples position.
50. Guaire (Posts: 545; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
Seems like it has mindblowingly underwhelming camera pair for such an amazing design andotherwise top notch spec sheet not to mention for that price range.
68. GreenMan (Posts: 1365; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Yet... A reality...
Whats next, I wonder...?
51. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1172; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Yeah yeah five years back you see Samsung fanboy spamming Galaxy SIII concept, full of ceramic andedgeless display and
whole world crawling for this, until now not even a single Samsung device offer ceramic, and when Chinese manufacturer did it you all sayits weird.
54. Tyrion_Lannister (Posts: 21; Member since: 21 Oct 2016)
I was never a Samsung fanboy. All I care about are powerful devices offering the pinnacle of technology.I dont give a rats ass about a phones design.
58. DoggyDangerous (Posts: 875; Member since: 28 Aug 2015)
It is an amazing phone.Xiaomi has taken the innovation to a new level. Now other companies will follow the suit and will claim it as if they have invented it.
67. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I have a manufacturerin mind. XD
46. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1476; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Itll surely not going to reach US (at least officially)
But they may eventually launch it in other country such as India.
Anyway what they showed us today is that they are not merely just a copycat andfollower but also they can innovate.
Ill say They came a long way since theywere called Apple copycat.
I love tech and they really surprised me very well. I didnt expected this MiMiX at all...
Also the design is stunning....!
47. Tyrion_Lannister (Posts: 21; Member since: 21 Oct 2016)
They didnt release the mi note in India. Heck, they didnt even release the top model of mi5 in India.
Not to mention that 250-300$ devices become over 400$ in India and any country not China. So they are not as cheap as you think.
70. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Right! I waited longenough for Mi5 pro to arrive in India, which didnt happen so I went forOnePlus 3 instead.
Was kind of pissed but Im glad it didnt land here, cause Im happy withOnePlus 3.
4. BoardDWorld (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Aug 2016)
I think most other mobile companies groin really hurts now because Xiaomi kickedthem pretty dam hard with this one.
5. MrAnonymous (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 May 2014)
Wooooooooowwwww....!!! this is something innnovating from a new age company! Sony, Htc, LG have either become lazy or out of ideas for their mobile devicess!!
7. rkoforever90 (Posts: 258; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
wow thats awesome
8. Guaire (Posts: 545; Member since: 15 Oct 2014)
Best looking smartphone ever.
9. Bankz (Posts: 593; Member since: 08 Apr 2016)
Shame on htc, samsung, lg, microsoft, sony etc
18. abdoualgeria (Posts: 421; Member since: 27 Jul 2015)
Lets be honest the minote 2 is just note 7 , and that mi mix is basically a sharp aquos xx withminor improvements
35. Master_Oogway (Posts: 27; Member since: 06 Oct 2016)
Some people will never appreciate a product when it comes from a Chinese Brand...
39. BoardDWorld (Posts: 66; Member since: 17 Aug 2016)
This is different from the sharp aquos xx. That black bottom on the MIX is still screen.
So its aspecial 17:9 screen but only 16:9 is used to display the UI, the other 1:9 isfor software keys! So every surface is either screen or ceramic.
10. tommy_vercetti (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Oct 2016)
i think its just a concept, not a real device.
11. shahrooz (Posts: 760; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Its a concept that you can buy and have in your pocket! The base model costs ~500$.
20. Diego! (Posts: 624; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Now,THIS is innovation, not the stupid things Apple calls itself innovation for.Samsung, youre lagging behind. This is a beast I wanna have in my hands ASAP.
Congratulations Xiaomi and well done indeed
21. rakhinesmn (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Jan 2016)
This is so so cool. Xiaomi make the different now.
Xiaomi escape from any other shadow design.
23. Ezio2710 (Posts: 455; Member since: 22 Aug 2015)
Good news : Xiaomi launched new device
bad news : international version launch date will be????
25. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1491; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Mi Mix doesnt have international version thats the issue. They clearly say international versionfor Mi Note 2 but nothing for Mi Mix.
Which means you will find it at usualchinese online stores in the future with added premium + import taxes andprobably very few LTE bands.
28. TheOracle1 (Posts: 260; Member since: 04 May 2015)
As Trump would say:"WRONG!!"
72. TheOracle1 (Posts: 260; Member since: 04 May 2015)
FDD LTE Bands 1,2,3,4,5,7,8. That covers T-Mobile USA (B4) and most of Europe, Africa, Asia,the Middle East and of course China.
Thats international enough for me sinceIm on T-Mobile USA.
Besides theyre very likely to release an internationalversion as they did with the latest Redmi Note 3 Pro and the Mi Note 2. Eitherway Im covered.
FDD LTE 1、2、3、4、5、7、8.这已经覆盖了美国的T-Mobile以及绝大多数的欧亚非地区。对用了T-Mobile的我来说这已经足够“国际”了。
此外他们非常乐意发国际版，就像他们之前最新发布的红米Note 3 Pro和小米Note2一样，不管怎么说我可以用。
27. TheOracle1 (Posts: 260; Member since: 04 May 2015)
This is a killer. Theyve not knocked out the park but out of the County! Now itstime for the iSheep trolls to chime in and tell us why this phone is crap andeverything was copied from Crappel.
30. hansip87 (Posts: 47; Member since: 10 Nov 2015)
Wow for innovation, but not so wow for real life usage and design. I mean look atyour wall, do you hang photos without frame? i doubt so, because Bezel does addsome aesthetic to a display. Eliminating it completely is not sexy IMO.
31. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 591; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Its the same as the Sharp Aquos Crystal. Google it. The earpiece thing isnt reallythe first.
Also, can they make the top and bottom bezels equal? I hope future models will.
52. ibend (Posts: 4813; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
who ever said it was the first one using that kind of earpiece?
and whats the benefit of having equal bezels size?
57. yoghibawono (Posts: 155; Member since: 04 May 2016)
Bezel is still needed for front camera for example.. sensors etc
33. athos07m (Posts: 77; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
I want this with a 5,5" display. It would fit in a chassis as wide as theGalaxy S7. Basically an Iphone 7 plus in the iphone 7 body.
我希望这手机能配一个5.5寸屏幕。它就像S7一样宽。基本上像把iPhone 7 Plus的屏幕放到iPhone 7的机身里一样。
34. Plasticsh1t (Posts: 598; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
Smartphones have really gone a long way.
40. scarface21173 (Posts: 169; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
In samsungs case, the wrong way lol
37. yoghibawono (Posts: 155; Member since: 04 May 2016)
i can skip mi5s and minote 2 for this
38. ibend (Posts: 4813; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
Ill get it if its true...
42. monoke (Posts: 395; Member since: 14 Mar 2015)
Now this is the concept phone design Ive been waiting for! This is what mostphones 5 years from now will look like i imagine!
55. yoghibawono (Posts: 155; Member since: 04 May 2016)
No longer a concept since yoi can actually pre-order it..
56. ibend (Posts: 4813; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
why wait for 5 years if you can get it next month?
(probably not "next month" for international version)
65. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1491; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Not even close. Super bendable screens will be the future not just this tiny curved by the edges. I imagine in 5 years there will be a phone that has one panel curved from frontuntil back with shock proof glass protection.
43. emmawilliam834 (Posts: 205; Member since: 09 Feb 2016)
Thats a really awesome killer flagship design .
60. Kil4thril (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Oct 2016)
Take my money!! Give me US LTE and Ill swim over and pick it up my damn self.
62. Dreamboat (Posts: 46; Member since: 29 Apr 2015)
This is just an upgraded version of the sharp aquos crystal, nothing too new. Stillawesome though
64. lakki369 (Posts: 110; Member since: 10 Apr 2015)
True innovation at its best... More than a copy cat... Xiaomi Earned respect.
71. Marslander (Posts: 94; Member since: 08 Jan 2015)
Looks incredible. Sadly, it probably wont be coming to North America. Even if youimport it, it probably wont be able to pick up LTE bands in America. :-(